Birth Doula Package
― $800 ―
My Birth Doula Package includes a range of useful offerings, and is customizable for whatever specific needs you and your pregnancy may have.
- Three one-hour visits at your home or another comfortable space (normally two prenatal visits and one postpartum)
- I will be on-call for you 24/7 from 37 weeks until the birth
- Consistent support during labour and birth from the time you ask me to join you until one hour postpartum, or until everyone is settled
- Access to my birth kit supplies during labour, which includes an Elle TENS unit, herbal and homeopathic remedies, massage tools, and essential oils
- Access to my lending library from hire until 2 weeks postpartum
- One personalized herbal remedy, with more herbal support available at cost
- Client discount on placenta encapsulation services
- Extra visits can be added on for $25/hour
I encourage you to meet with a number of doulas and choose the one you connect with best. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me to book a free consultation to see if we’re a good fit for each other!
What happens during a prenatal visit?
Prenatal visits are a time for us to get to know each other, and for me to get a sense of how I can best support you to have a wonderful birth experience. In the first visit, which will happen around weeks 35 or 36, we will go over your hopes and dreams for this birth as well as any concerns and questions you have. I will give you suggestions of ways to help get your body and baby ready for the work ahead.
The second visit is more flexible, and will be designed with your specific needs in mind. It could include creative processing of past birth experiences, a guided conversation about transitioning into parenting a newborn, instruction in acupressure for pregnancy, birth and postpartum, thai massage, or a reiki (energy healing) session.
What happens during a postpartum visit?
Postpartum visits are about instilling confidence in the new parents - you DO know how to do this! I can help troubleshoot breast/chest-feeding challenges, offer herbal and nutritional support for postpartum recovery, talk through your birth experience with you, and hang out with the baby for a little while to give you some much-needed rest.